Rolex Datejust II is presented for the first time at Baselworld 2012 in a version with all-steel bezel. This new model joins the Datejust II built in 2009 in Rolesor, nell’abbinamento steel and gold.
The Datejust II continues the great tradition of the iconic model developed by Rolex in 1945 and the first automatic chronometer wristwatch and waterproof to indicate the date in an aperture on the dial. The new Oyster Datejust II Pepertual reinterprets the symbol of watchmaking and updating aesthetics, in practice only in size, both in content and mechanical engineers.
OYSTER, a symbol of waterproof case
The case of 41 mm of Oyster Datejust II, which is guaranteed waterproof to 100 meters, inspires robustness. The caseband is formed from a block of 904L steel, which is particularly resistant to corrosion.
The cap is screwed tightly grooved with a special tool used by watchmakers Rolex. The winding crown, equipped with the patented double waterproofing Twinlock, is firmly screwed to the case. The glass, magnifying CYCLOPE at 3 to facilitate the reading of the date, sapphire.
The caliber 3136, a superlative chronometer
The Calibre 3136 manufacturing
The Datejust II is powered by the Calibre 3136, a self-winding mechanical movement entirely developed and manufactured by Rolex.
Like all movements PERPETUAL, the 3136 is certified chronometer by the COSC (Chronometer Controle Officiel des US). Its architecture has in common with all the movements of the range OYSTER The bar is equipped with spiral PARACHROM blue, Rolex patented proprietary alloy.
Produced by the mark has the characteristic of Geneva has a great stability when subjected to changes in temperature and also in case of impact is up to ten times more precise than a traditional spiral. It is mounted on anti-collision high-performance PARAFLEX patented by Rolex, which provides impact resistance by 50% above normal.
The Oyster bracelet
The new Rolex Datejust II is provided with a cuff OYSTER also made of 904L steel fitted with closure of the clip OYSTERCLASP safety folding.
Furthermore, as in sports models, has a mesh extension rapid EASYLINK, a system that allows to increase the length of the bracelet of about 5 mm, for greater comfort in all circumstances.
- OYSTER (case middle piece, screwed back and crown)
- Diameter: 41 mm Material: 904L stainless steel superalloy, shiny finish
- Caseback: avvvitato grooved Rolex
- Bezel: Smooth
- Crown: screwed, double sealing system Twinlock
- Glass: synthetic sapphire crystal, Anti-scratch lens magnification CYCLOPE (2.5 ×) over the date, double anti-reflective coating
- Water resistance: 100 meters
- Caliber 3136, Manufacturing Rolex winding mechanical movement with bidirectional rotor PERPETUAL
- With an official Swiss chronometer COSC
- Functions: Hours, minutes and central seconds Date display at 3 o’clock with instant fix
- Stop seconds for accurate time
- Attendance: 28,800 alt. / Hour (4 Hz)
- Spiral PARACHROM blue paramagnetic
- Curve, Breguet
- Rocker large variable inertia
- Adjusting to high precision by using 4 nuts MICROSTELLA gold
- Through balance bridge
- Anti-shock PARAFLEX
- Runini: 31 jewels
- Power Reserve: 48 hours
Silvered sunray finish Indices: 18 ct white gold. with phosphorescent material 18 k white gold with a phosphorescent material
- OYSTER (3 rows), massive mesh
- Material: 904L stainless steel superalloy, polished central links, lateral links satin and polished on the sides
- OYSTERCLASP clasp with folding buckle
- Extension system of the bracelet 5 mm EASYLINK.
Suggested retail list price: $ 7447